Retreading Lawnmower tires for next to nothing

I've had my lawn mower for roughly 5 years. It's a front wheel drive push mower and I never imagined that wheels could wear out just from mowing a lawn but I have 2 bald tires.

This current adventure started when I went online shopping for replacement wheels. I found a part that looked like it would fit but after paying $25 to get it delivered, I discovered that the part was only for 1 wheel.

I'm not paying $50 for 2 wheels so I went looking for alternatives to get some traction.  I just replaced the tires on a bicycle with smooth city tires and thought these knobby tires would be great on the lawn mower and they're replaceable when I have 2 bald tires in another 5 years.

So here we go




Need a heavy duty cable cutter to cut the bead on the tires, but a sharp knife can be used to cut just the tread for our project.

Trimming the side walls because we only need the tread area


Measure, cut and line it up.  A couple of self tapping screws to hold everything in place


This should do the trick for a few years and it looks really rugged.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My experience converting an e-Bike

Zero pressure bucket drip irrigation